Monday, January 14, 2008

Thing 24: Podcasts

I looked at a few of the podcast links and found a whole new world out there, again! I am amazed at what is going on with Web 2.0...so much stuff to watch and listen to! I liked Podcast Alley better than Yahoo podcast because of the ease of navigating and ability to have multiple windows open.

I tried WPT Poker Corner on Podcast Alley and was able to watch a poker match on Mashboard, while listening to tips on what to do and/or not do. That was very cool because they zoomed in on the players hands during the play. I also liked the BBC podcast interview with Tom Hanks through Films section. These audio files are very recent, 1/11 and 1/12/ 2008, which is great for up to date news sources. I really wonder how regular newspapers can even try to keep up with this media? What does this mean for libraries...the need for more computer/Internet connections? Or does each branch have to get wireless to accommodate the growing need?

No comments: